Rib Eye Roast & Oven-Browned Vegetables
This beef rib eye roast with oven-roasted vegetables, including two types of potatoes, makes a special meal anytime of the year.
1 well-trimmed beef rib eye roast (approximately 4 pounds)
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 medium baking potatoes, quartered
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into eighths
4 small onions, halved
2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine seasonings. Press half of the seasonings evenly into surface of roast. Add oil to remaining seasoning; reserve.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast at 350°F (175°C) approximately 1 3/4 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine vegetables and reserved seasoning; toss to coat. Approximately 1 1/4 hours before serving, arrange vegetables around roast and continue to cook.
- When thermometer reads 135°F (aproximately 55 to 60°C) for medium-rare or 150°F (65°C) for medium, remove roast from oven. Tent loosely. Continue to cook vegetables 15 minutes longer or until tender, stirring once.
- Carve roast as usual. Serve surrounded with vegetables.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.