Ribeye Steaks and Seasoned Vegetable Kabobs
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
3 beef ribeye steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 2 pounds)
6 small red potatoes, cut in half (about 1 1/2 to 2 ounces each)
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 medium zucchini and/or yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch slices
Salt and ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in 2-quart microwave to safe dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine oregano, garlic and red pepper in small bowl; reserve half for vegetables.
- Press remaining seasoning mixture evenly onto both sides of each steak. Combine reserved seasoning mixture with melted butter; set aside.
- Alternately thread vegetables onto 6 (8-inch) metal skewers.
- Place steaks and kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; brush kabobs with half of seasoned butter.
- Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill kabobs, covered, 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning once and brushing with remaining seasoned butter. Season steaks and kabobs with salt and black pepper, as desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 291; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 89mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 62mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.