Roasted Beef Sirloin with
Red Pepper Sauce and Garlic Flans
A flavorful, thick sirloin steak, roasted to perfection and served with a red pepper sauce and garlic flan. A great recipe for entertaining.
Red Pepper Sauce:
2 medium red bell peppers, roasted (or 7-ounce jar)
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Roasted Beef Sirloin:
3 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 2-inches thick
1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
- For Red Pepper Sauce: To roast peppers, broil 2-inches from heat, turning frequently, until skin bubbles and is evenly charred.
- Transfer peppers to sealable plastic bag, close and set aside until peppers cool.
- Peel charred skin from peppers. Remove seeds. Blend peppers, vinegar and salt in blender using pulse switch until coarsely chopped.
- Sauce may be served at room temperature or heated.
- For Roasted Beef Sirloin: Press rosemary into both sides of beef; place on rack in roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, at 350ºF (175ºC) oven to desired doneness (allow 16-20 minutes per pound).
- Allow steak to rest 10 minutes prior to carving.
- For Garlic Flan: Place garlic cloves on paper plate; microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Let stand 1 minute. Remove peel from garlic.
- In small saucepan add half-and-half, milk and salt. Heat on high 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture forms bubbles around edge. Do not boil. Pour into blender, add garlic, cover, and process until garlic is puréed. Add eggs, and pulse only until blended. Pour mixture into 6 greased, 3/4 cup, custard cups.
- Place filled cups in 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan deep enough to come halfway up side of custard cups. Bake in 350ºF (175ºC) oven 25 to 30 minutes, until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before unmolding onto individual small plates.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.