This roasted top sirloin steak with a maple-mustard
glaze will easily be the centerpiece of a beautiful holiday party.
Roasted Sirloin with
Maple Mustard Glaze
- 3 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut 2-inches
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoon cider vinegar
3 tablespoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Place steak on rack in shallow roasting
pan. Do not cover or add water.
- Roast for 50 to 60 minutes or 16 to 20
minutes per pound. Remove when thermometer in center reads 135ºF
(60ºC) for medium rare.
- Meanwhile, combine maple syrup, cider
vinegar, mustard and pepper in a glass measuring cup.
- Microwave glaze on high for 3 1/2 to 5
minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Brush glaze over top and sides of steaks.
- Broil steaks 3 to 4-inches from heat for
4 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Carve into thick slices.
Makes 8 servings.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with wild rice
with fruit and toasted pecans, steamed broccoli, and cherry or
Tip: Whole tenderloin can be used in place of the sirloin.
Tip: This glaze is delicious on grilled
steaks as well.
Recipe provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats