Santa Fe Grilled Beef Steaks & Corn
Grilled corn on the cob and T-bone or Porterhouse steaks are served with a tangy Southwestern-style chili butter.
4 ears sweet corn, in husks
1/2 cup Heinz 57 sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 4 pounds) or boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 2 1/2 pounds)
3 tablespoons butter
- Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients; remove and reserve 1/4 cup.
- Drain corn. Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes, turning frequently.
- After 5 or 10 minutes, place beef steaks on grid with corn. Grill T-bone or Porterhouse steaks, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes (top loin steaks 15 to 18 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with glaze during last 5 minutes.
- Combine reserved 1/4 cup glaze and butter in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Carefully peel corn; brush with chili butter. Serve with steaks and remaining chili butter.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe using beef T-bone steak): 591 calories; 61 g protein; 19 g carbohydrate; 30 g fat; 531 mg sodium; 144 mg cholesterol; 9.9 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 4.8 mcg vitamin B12; 8.4 mg iron; 10.9 mg zinc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe using beef top loin steak): 557 calories; 58 g protein; 19 g carbohydrate; 28 g fat; 502 mg sodium; 168 mg cholesterol; 10.3 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 3.8 mcg vitamin B12; 5.4 mg iron; 10.0 mg zinc.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.