Savory Thyme & Pepper Beef Tip Roast
A flavorful, easy-to-cook beef roast.
1 (4 to 6 pound) beef round tip roast (cap off)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Combine garlic, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme. Press evenly onto all sides of roast.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so bulb is centered in thickest part. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast approximately 25 to 35 minutes per pound for medium-rare or medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135ºF for medium-rare, 145ºF for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise to 145°F | 60ºC for medium-rare, 160ºF | 70ºC for medium.)
- Carve roast into thin slices.
Makes 8 to 12 servings.
Tip: You can substitute chuck or rump roast for the round tip roast.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.