Beef round steak marinated in a sherry and soy sauce marinade and stir-fried with carrots, bell pepper and onion.
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sherry
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3/4 pound round steak, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Cooked rice for accompaniment
- Combine water, sherry, and soy sauce; pour over sliced round steak and marinate for 1 hour.
- Stir-fry sliced carrots, sliced green bell pepper, and sliced onion in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from the skillet; set aside.
- Drain the beef and reserve the marinade. Brown the beef in oil.
- Combine cornstarch with the reserved marinade.
- Add the vegetable and marinade mixtures to the beef; cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve over the rice.
Makes 4 servings.