Simple Mediterranean Beef Dinner
Medterranean-style herbed vegetables complement pan-seared steaks for an easy meal.
Herb and Garlic Blend:
1 tablespoon crushed dried basil
1 tablespoon crushed dried marjoram
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
3/4 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
6 (4 to 6-ounce each) boneless beef chuck top blade steaks, 3/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 medium zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
3 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 tablespoon Herb and Garlic Blend
3/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- For Herb and Garlic Blend: Combine all ingredients. Store, covered, in airtight container. Shake before using blend.
- Trim excess fat from steaks.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes (watch carefully!). Sauté steaks for 4 minutes; turn. Push steaks to one side of skillet and add zucchini and onion. Sprinkle herb blend and salt over vegetables and continue cooking for 5 minutes; stir vegetables occasionally.
- Remove beef and vegetables to serving platter. Season beef with salt, if desired.
- Increase heat to high; add wine. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Pour sauce over beef and vegetables and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.