Smoky Yogurt-Marinated Steak
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 pound beef eye round steaks, cut 1-inch thick
Salt and ground black pepper
- For Marinade: Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food to safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hour or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 17 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F (62.7°C)) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Carve into thin slices. season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 157; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 48mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.