Spicy Orange Beef Kababs
First marinated in a spicy orange marinade, cubes of beef steak are threaded onto skewers with orange sections, bell pepper and onion, then grilled to desired doneness.
1 1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 large red or white onion, cut into 1-inch wedges, separated
- Trim fat from beef; cut into 1-inch cubes. Place beef in large zip-lock style plastic bag.
- Mix vinegar, ketchup, orange juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper; pour over beef. Press air out of bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain beef; reserve marinade.
- On four metal skewers, alternate beef, orange sections, green peppers and onion, beginning and ending with beef.
- Place kababs on grill rack over medium-hot coals. Cook 6 to 10 minutes or until done. Turn frequently and brush with marinade while cooking.
Makes 4 servings.