Standing Rib Roast
A great cut of beef, such as a standing rib roast, needs very little seasoning to produce extraordinary results.
Approximately 10 pounds rib roast
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Trim a rib roast. Rub salt, thyme, and pepper into the roast, covering evenly.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Roast for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 350°F (175°C) and cook until a meat thermometer registers 130°F (55°C) for rare, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
Makes 20 servings.