Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup lentils, picked through and rinsed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® Tri-Tip steak
1/4 cup Italian red table wine
4 cups porcini mushrooms (or baby portabellas)
4 ounces prosciutto ham, sliced thin and cut into ribbon to like pieces
1/2 cup chopped black olives
1 cup asparagus tips, blanched
Salt and ground black pepper, as needed
- For Lentils: Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add celery, red pepper and onions; cook until tender. Add water and bring to a boil. Add lentils, cover, reduce temperature to low and cook 45 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in medium sauté pan. Add garlic and steak. Cook 3 to 4 minutes turning steak once. Remove steak.
- Deglaze pan with wine; add mushrooms, olives, ham and steak. After 10 minutes, remove steaks from pan and reduce sauce for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus; return steaks to pan; cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve steak, asparagus and mushroom mixture over lentils.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 559; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 143mg; Total Carbs: 25g; Fiber: 11g; Protein: 57g; Sodium: 933mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.