Steak with Gorgonzola Thyme Crust
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 (6-ounce) beef tenderloins, Petite steaks or small rib to eye steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick
1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1/2 cup (2-ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spoon the Worcestershire sauce over both sides of the steaks; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the garlic and pepper over the steaks. Place the steaks on the rack of the broiler pan.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source, 3 to 4 minutes per side for a medium to rare steak.
- Remove the pan from the broiler. Sprinkle the thyme, then the cheese, over the steaks.
- Return the steaks to the oven and broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.