Sweet Cherry and Chipotle Roasted New York Strip
A spicy, smoky and 'cherrilicious' way to serve a succulent, oven-roasted New York strip roast.
5 pound Certified Angus Beef® New York strip roast
7 ounces canned sweet dark cherries, drained
1 cup frozen red sweet cherries
2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo
2 tablespoons molasses
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Combine cherries, chipotle peppers and molasses in a blender. Divide sauce, reserving half for glaze and half for a serving sauce.
- Place roast, fat side up, in roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F (175°C) and brush roast with a thin glaze of cherry sauce. Repeat every 10 minutes until the roast reaches desired doneness (135°F (approximately 55° to 60°C) for medium rare doneness).
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 20 minutes. Slice across the grain and serve with reserved sauce.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): 334 calories, 13g fat, 5g saturated fat, 110mg cholesterol, 10g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 41g protein, 119mg sodium, 21% daily value iron (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Cherry Foundation and www.CertifiedAngusBeef.com, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.