Tender Beef Rib Roast
A marinated, boneless beef rib roast is roasted to juicy tenderness in an oven that starts out cold in this recipe.
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (5-pound) boneless beef rib roast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, water, lemon juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- When marinade is cooled to room temperature, spread evenly over roast and marinate for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove roast from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Place on a roasting rack and pour marinade over the top.
- Place in a cold oven then turn heat to 400°F (205°C). Cook for about 1 hour (for medium-rare), or until desired doneness is reached; baste occasionally with pan juices.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.