Texas BBQ Brisket
Beef brisket is roasted in beer for 2 hours, drained, and then covered with a beer-chile-barbecue sauce and roasted for another hour or until tender.
1 (4 1/2 to 5-pound) beef brisket
5 large cloves garlic, sliced
1 (12-ounce) can beer
1 (8-ounce) BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- With a small knife, pierce top and sides of brisket 1-inch deep every 2-inches. Insert garlic slice in each cut.
- Place meat, fat side up, in shallow baking pan. Pour 1 cup beer over meat. Cover with foil and bake at 300ºF (150ºC) for 2 hours.
- Remove meat from pan. Drain liquid, reserving 1/2 cup. Return meat and reserved liquid to pan.
- Combine remaining beer, barbeque sauce and green chiles. Pour over meat. Continue baking, uncovered, for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- With knife slanted at 45º angle, carve meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the The Beef Checkoff.