Top Sirloin Petite Roast with Parmesan Roasted Tomatoes
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 (1 1/2 to 2-pound) beef Top Sirloin Petite Roast
1 cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
8 plum (Roma), cut in half lengthwise, seeded
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Place parsley, garlic, pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until just blended. Rub mixture evenly over all surfaces of roast.
- Place roast, fat to side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast in 325°F (160°C) oven 60 to 75 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness.
- Toss tomatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in large bowl. Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, on metal baking sheet. Roast in 325°F (160°C) oven for 1 hour or until skins are wrinkled and begin to brown.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F (57.2°C) for medium rare; 150°F (68.3°C) for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F (62.7°C) for medium rare; 160°F (71.1°C) for medium.)
- Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 425°F (220°C).
- Sprinkle tomatoes with Parmesan cheese. Continue roasting an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are lightly browned. season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with tomatoes.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 164; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 53mg; Total Carbs: 3g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 21g; Sodium: 71mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.