Wine-Marinated Grilled Flank Steak
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 beef flank steak (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
salt and ground black pepper
1/3 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons reduced sodium or regular soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food to safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hour or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 186; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 66mg; Total Carbs: 3g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 150mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.