When it's hot outside, cool the kids (and yourself) down with this creamy slushy-sparkly frappé made with strawberries, crème soda, yogurt and frozen lemonade concentrate.
3 cups frozen loose-pack strawberries or raspberries (or use both)
1 (12-ounce) can carbonated crème soda
1 (8-ounce) carton plain yogurt
1/2 of a 6 ounce can (1/3 cup) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups carbonated water, chilled
- In a blender container place half of the berries, soda, yogurt, frozen concentrate, and sugar. Cover; blend until berries are puréed and sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients except carbonated water; pour into pan. Cover; freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Use a fork to break up frozen mixture.
- In blender container place half of mixture and 1 cup carbonated water. Cover; blend until frothy.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Repeat with remaining mixture and carbonated water.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.