Creamy, homemade mochas served with fluffy mounds of freshly whipped cream and cinnamon stick stirrers.
5 cups water
1/2 cup finely ground dark roast or espresso coffee beans
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1 1/4 cups whipping cream - divided use
1 teaspoon powdered sugar, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cinnamon sticks
- Prepare drip coffee using water and coffee beans in an automatic coffee maker or other drip method.
- Stir chocolate syrup into coffee.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the cream; stir in hot coffee mixture.
- Place remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream into food processor fitted with steel blade. Add sugar and vanilla. Process until stiff, about 45 seconds. (Or, whip to firm peaks with electric mixer.)
- Pour hot coffee mixture into 6 coffee cups or small mugs; top with whipped cream. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.