Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
Moist and tender, almond poppyseed muffins topped with sliced almonds for garnish.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk oil, milk, eggs and extract until smooth. Add dry ingredients mixing just until moistened. Gently stir in poppy seeds.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds evenly over tops of muffin batter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.