Applesauce Bran Muffins
A visitor to CooksRecipes.com emailed to share that these are delicious muffins. We're glad she did, because she's right!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all bran cereal
1/4 cup milk
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour two 12-cup muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine bran cereal, milk, applesauce, oil and egg; mix well.
- Add the bran mixture to the dry ingredients mixing just until moistened. Fold in nuts and raisins, if desired.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.