Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
Scrumptious, tender applesauce muffins with a wholesome, crunchy oat streusel topping.
1/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- For muffins, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine applesauce, milk, sugar, oil and egg; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over-mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved topping, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.