Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Your whole family will love this banana bread with chocolate chips and nuts.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Add the flour/soda mixture to the banana mixture and stir just to combine. Do not over mix. Gently fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on wire rack. Wrap tightly to store.
Makes 1 loaf.