Banana Nut Muffins
Love banana nut bread? Then you'll love these muffins.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
2 large eggs
1 1/3 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium)
1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare a 12-muffin tin by greasing each well or by placing a paper baking up into each.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Cream together sugar with shortening until light and fluffy in a large mixing bowl; beat in eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients all at once to egg mixture stirring just enough to moisten. Mix in chopped nuts. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
Makes 1 dozen muffins.