Banana Walnut Muffins
Banana walnut muffins made with firm tofu, whole wheat flour, oats, rice flour and sweetened with honey.
1 (6-ounce) package firm tofu
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 1/4 cups apple cider or juice
1 cup rolled (old-fashioned) oats
1 cup diced banana
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
1 cup rice flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Crumble tofu into a blender or food processor, and whip with oil and honey until light and creamy. Stir in juice, oats, banana and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl mix whole wheat flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt. Combine dry ingredients with banana mixture; mixing well.
- Spoon into an greased muffin tin. Bake 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes more. Muffins are done when no indentation is left when centers are pressed. Cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 24 muffins.