This is the easiest and quickest loaf of bread you'll ever make. The beer gives it a nice yeasty flavor. If you like, add your favorite herbs or seeds such as sesame, millet, etc., or even a bit of shredded cheese.
3 cups self-rising flour*
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 (12-ounce) can "flat" beer
- Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl, mix together using a fork, add the beer, stirring with the fork until well mixed.
- Scrape batter into the prepared loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and set aside while the oven heats.
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Once the oven is heated, bake bread for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
Makes 1 loaf.
*Or you may substitute with 3 cups all purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.