Best Bran Muffins
You won't know they're the best bran muffins unless you try them for yourself.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups bran flakes
1 1/4 cups milk
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease a muffin tin; set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bran flakes with milk. Let stand about 3 minutes then stir in egg and oil; mix well. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
Makes 1 dozen muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 179.9 calories; 28% calories from fat; 5.8g total fat; 19.7mg cholesterol; 223.0mg sodium; 163.8mg potassium; 30.3g carbohydrates; 3.5g fiber; 12.3g sugar; 26.8g net carbs; 4.4g protein.