Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Start with this basic recipe and add one
of several different ingredients for a variety of different muffins.
Best Ever Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Stir together the flour, baking powder,
salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup,
beat egg with a fork. Stir in milk and oil. Pour all at once
into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with
a fork until moistened, but do not beat. Gently stir in a variation
listed below, if desired. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into paper muffin pan
cups and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Makes 12 muffins (12 servings).
- Blueberry Muffins: Add 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Raisin Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped
- Date Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped
- Cheese Muffins: Fold in 1 cup grated,
sharp yellow cheese
- Bacon Muffins: Fold in 1/4 cup crisp,
cooked bacon, broken into bits
Approximate nutrition analysis per serving
(basic muffin recipe): 181 calories; 3 g protein; 30 g carbohydrate;
6 g fat; 235 mg sodium; 19 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber.
Recipe provided courtesy of Kansas Wheat
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.