Blueberry Corn Muffins
Golden corn muffins sweetened with honey and bursting with blueberries.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup milk
2 cups blueberries
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine 1 cup flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, honey, sugar and milk. Pour mixture into well. Mix batter until just moistened; do not over mix.
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and gently fold into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.