Blueberry Butter Muffins
Moist, tender and buttery muffins loaded with blueberries.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries, picked over, rinsed, drained
3/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease a 12-muffin tin; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in blueberries.
- Add milk, egg, and melted butter. Mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened. The batter will be lumpy; do not overbeat.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tin.
- Bake until the tops spring back lightly when touched, about 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.