Blueberry Lover's Muffins
Spiced bran muffins loaded with blueberries.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 1/2 cups bran flakes
2 cups milk
3 large egg whites
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups blueberries, picked over and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bran flakes with milk. Let stand for 2 minutes, or until the cereal is softened. Add egg whites and oil; beat well. Add in flour mixture; stirring only until combined. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon into a lightly greased muffin tins, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake about 23 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.