Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
The yogurt contributes to the flavor, and moist tenderness of these sugar-topped, orange-scented blueberry muffins.
2 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons granulated sugar - divided use
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup orange juice
1 large egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, 5 tablespoons of the sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, orange juice, egg, oil, orange peel and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add yogurt mixture all at once. Stir just to blend. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 muffins.