These hearty, fiber-rich muffins are made moist and flavorful with grated carrot, raisins, molasses and cinnamon.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups bran
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup molasses
3 cups grated carrots
1 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add bran. Make a well in the center. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs; add oil, sugar, and molasses; mix well. Pour mixture into well. Mix batter until just moistened; do not over mix.
- Gently fold carrots and raisin into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.