Caroline's Chocolate Rolls
If you love chocolate, try this twist on the classic cinnamon rolls. Tender yeast rolls are filled with peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels to make a delicious tasty treat great for breakfast, brunch or an afterschool snack.
This 1st Prize winning recipe was created by Kaye Kabus of Topeka, KS.
3/4 cup warm milk (90°F to 100°F | 40°C)
1 large egg
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
Milk Chocolate Icing (recipe follows)
- Place milk, egg, flour, sugar, salt, cocoa, yeast and butter in bread machine pan. Set machine on Dough cycle; press Start.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Remove dough from pan when cycle is finished. On lightly floured surface, knead for 1 minute. Roll to 15x10x1-inch rectangle. Spread peanut butter over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle 1 cup morsels over peanut butter. Roll dough up tightly, starting at long end. Press edge to seal. Cut into 12 slices using a sharp knife. Place rolls in prepared pan. Cover; allow to rise in warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake rolls for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Drizzle Milk Chocolate Icing over rolls.
- For Milk Chocolate Icing: Place 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon light corn syrup in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute. Add 1 1/4 cups (8 ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels; stir until melted. Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
Makes 12 rolls.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 125 Calories from Fat: 25 Total Fat: 2.5 g Saturated Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 5 mg Sodium: 90 mg Carbohydrates: 20 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 10 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.