These moist and tender spiced carrot muffins are loaded with goodies like coconut, pecans, raisins and tart green apple.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tart green apple, peeled, cored and shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease eighteen 1/2 cup muffin cups or line with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar. Add shredded carrots, pecans, raisins and coconut to flour mixture and mix well.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir shredded apple into egg mixture and add to flour mixture, stirring until batter is just combined (do not over mix).
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool muffins in cups on rack 5 minutes before turning out onto racks to cool completely.
Makes 18 muffins.