Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
2 cups bran flake cereal with raisins
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup shredded carrots
- In large bowl, mix cereal and buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- Add egg, sugar and melted butter to cereal mixture; mix until blended. Stir in flour mixture until well-blended. Stir in carrots.
- Spoon into paper-lined or greased muffin pan cups.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to touch. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes and remove from pan.
Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.