Savory dinner muffins laced with chives.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine together egg, milk and oil. Add egg mixture at once to dry ingredients. Stirring mixture only until the dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in finely chopped green onions.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup half to two-thirds full.
- Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.