Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Muffins
Incredible double the chocolate, chocolate chip muffins.
3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups (9-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips - divided use
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2/3 cup whole milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate and 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs; add the brown sugar, milk, butter, melted chocolate mixture and vanilla; mix well. Pour this mixture into well of flour mixture. Stir until just moistened; do not over mix. Gently fold remaining chocolate chips into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin tins two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.