Chocolate Nut Bread
These dessert loaves are a cinch to make -- keep some on hand for snack attacks or unexpected guests.
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine eggs, milk and vegetable oil in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; mix just until moistened. Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels and nuts. Spoon into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool on wire racks.
- Microwave remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead bag to mix. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over bread. Sprinkle with additional nuts.
Makes 2 loaves 24 slices (12 slices per loaf).
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 280 Calories from Fat: 130 Total Fat: 15 g Saturated Fat: 3.5 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 290 mg Carbohydrates: 33 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 15 g Protein: 5 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.