Cinnamon Breakfast Rolls
A French vanilla cake mix is one of the ingredients used to make the dough for these sweet rolls.
1 (18.25-ounce) package French vanilla cake mix
5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 (0.25-ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups warm water (105° to 115°F | 40° to 45°C)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted - divided use
1/2 cup raisins - divided use
3/4 cup chopped pecans - divided use
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; cover and let rise in a warm place (85°F | 30°C), free from drafts, 1 hour.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface; divide in half. Roll one portion into an 18 x 12-inch rectangle. Brush with half of butter; sprinkle with half of sugar mixture, half of raisins, and 1/4 cup pecans.
- Roll up starting at long end; cut crosswise into 16 (1-inch-thick) slices. Place rolls into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Repeat procedure with remaining rectangle. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, and let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden; cool slightly.
- Stir together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla; drizzle over rolls. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Makes 32 sweet rolls.