Cinnamon-Sugar and Spice Muffins
These cinnamon, sugar and spice muffins are loaded with raisins and pecans.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl; make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, mix buttermilk, egg and melted butter. Pour mixture into well. Mix batter until just moistened; do not over mix. Stir in raisins and nuts, if desired.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.