Cinnamon Oat-Date Rolls
These easy cinnamon rolls are filled with a delicious oat and dried fruit filling, and drizzled with a vanilla glaze.
1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed according to package directions
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup chopped dates, raisins, dried cherries or dried cranberries
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Allow dough to stand, covered, at room temperature for at least 15 minutes to relax. Grease an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, sugar and cinnamon. Add butter and mix well. Stir in dates; set aside.
- Roll dough into 12 x 10-inch rectangle. (Dough will be very elastic.) Spread evenly with oat mixture to within 1/2-inch of edges.
- Starting from long side, roll up; pinch seam to seal. With sharp knife, cut into 9 slices about 1 1/4-inches wide; place in prepared pan, cut sides down. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until nearly doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake rolls 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on wire rack; remove from pan.
- For Glaze: Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk for desired consistency. Drizzle over top of warm rolls.
- Serve warm.
Makes 9 sweet rolls.