Corn and Green Chile Rolls
A recipe for Corn and Green Chile Rolls prepared with a bread machine.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons butter, margarine, or vegetable oil
Cornmeal for sprinkling
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select Dough setting and start machine. Keep a close eye on the process, helping to incorporate all ingredients, if necessary.
- Once cycle is complete, remove and divide dough into 16 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball. Space the balls evenly in a greased, 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Insert the entire pan into a large plastic bag, and allow the rolls to rise for about 1 1/2 hours. They will be puffy, but will not double in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spray or brush the rolls with lukewarm water, and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until rolls are a deep golden brown. Remove the rolls from the oven, and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 16 dinner rolls.