Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
These will make a delightful addition to
a brunch menu.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- divided use
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 orange, grated rind only
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely
chopped in a food processor by pulsing
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Sift the flour with 2 tablespoons of the
sugar, three times.
- In a mixer with a whisk attachment begin
to whip the whites on low until they are foamy and look a little
like a bubble bath. Add the cream of tartar and salt and then
continue whipping on medium speed, then start to gradually add
the remaining cup of sugar and whip till soft peaks form when
you remove the whisk.
- With a rubber spatula fold in the sifted
flour/sugar mixture until almost incorporated then fold in the
vanilla and grated orange rind, and the chopped cranberries.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full with
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from
the oven and let cool before serving.
Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe provided courtesy of Macy's Culinary
Council chef, Gale Gand; through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.