Cranberry Kissed Cinnamon Rolls
A warm and tasty way to wake up and enjoy breakfast or brunch with your family. A great recipe for the holidays, too.
2 (1 pound each) frozen white yeast bread dough, thawed - divided use
2 tablespoons butter, softened - divided use
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels - divided use
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, coarsely chopped - divided use
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons milk
- Grease two 9-inch-round baking pans.
- Roll 1 bread loaf into 16 x 10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- Spread 1 tablespoon softened butter over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle 2 tablespoons over dough leaving 1/2-inch border around sides. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup morsels and 1/2 cup cranberries, firmly pressing morsels and cranberries into dough.
- Roll up dough tightly, starting at short end; seal edges with water. Cut into 6 slices; place cut side up in prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining bread loaf, butter, sugar mixture, 3/4 cup morsels and cranberries; place in second prepared baking pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until dough almost fills pans, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes in pans on wire racks.
- Melt remaining morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in powdered sugar and milk to make a stiff glaze. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: For whole-wheat cinnamon rolls, substitute whole-wheat dough for the white bread dough.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 480 Calories from Fat: 120 Total Fat: 13 g Saturated Fat: 8 g Cholesterol: 5 mg Sodium: 480 mg Carbohydrates: 77 g Dietary Fiber: 4 g Sugars: 42 g Protein: 10 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.