Cranberry Orange Bread
A sweet treat during the holiday season, but can be served anytime of the year.
1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup pecan halves, shells removed
3 strips orange zest, bitter white pith removed
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 small apple (about 5 ounces total)
3 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 teaspoons buttermilk
1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly spray an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- To a food processor insert a metal blade and pulse to coarsely chop pecan halves, and then add cranberries and continue to pulse.
- Now to a stand up mixer add butter, sugar, zest from an orange, eggs and vanilla.
- Now to a separate bowl add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add this flour mixture to the stand up mixer in 3 additions.
- Add buttermilk in 2 additions.
- Now fold the cranberry and pecan mixture into the batter.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.