Cranberry Orange Toasted Bread
Cranberry, orange peel and toasted chopped nuts combine to make this fall and wintertime treat a favorite for gift giving, holiday baskets and just noshing at the kitchen counter. Serve alone or with Orange Cream Cheese Spread.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup chopped toasted nuts
Orange Cream Cheese Spread:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, vegetable oil and orange peel in small bowl. Add milk mixture and cranberry sauce to flour mixture; stir until just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice bread; toast. Top with Orange Cream Cheese Spread.
- For Orange Cream Cheese Spread: Combine softened cream cheese and orange marmalade; refrigerate.
Makes 1 loaf.
*To toast nuts, spread evenly in shallow baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°) for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely before using.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.