A delicious, yeast-risen dill-flavored bread topped with a sprinkling of coarse salt.
1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup cottage cheese
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 large egg
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons minced dillweed
2 1/4 cups bread or all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, sugar, grated onion, melted butter, egg, salt, dillweed and dissolved yeast. Add flour, a little at a time, and beat until well mixed and mixture is stiff. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Punch down and form the dough into loaf pan. Allow to rise again.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- While warm, brush the loaf with soft butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
Makes 1 loaf.