Just like the ones you buy at carnivals and country fairs! These crispy treats are also called Cinnamon Crispies.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 (17-ounce) package puff pastry dough, thawed
1 large egg, beaten
- Generously grease two large cookie sheets with shortening or vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- On a flat work surface, place two sheets of the dough side by side lengthwise. Pinch the seams together to seal. Brush with a little of the beaten egg, and sprinkle with some of the cinnamon sugar. Roll one side of the dough to the center, then roll the other side of the dough until both sides meet in the middle. Slice into 12 pieces. Brush top side with beaten egg and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove to to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 elephant ears.